Cannot connect to web server after reboot

Averex

Cannot connect to web server after reboot

Post by Averex »

Hello,

I recently updated my Blue Iris to 5.2.1.4 and I can't seem to connect to the web server after a machine reboot. I have already tried to change the Blue Iris to Automatic (Delayed Start) however I still cant connect.

I did however find a work-around which is not ideal, but it seems to work.

The only way I can get Blue Iris to start listening to the remote web server port is to manually run the Remote Access Wizard from the settings menu and click 'Next' all the way through. I've used Blue Iris for several years and this is something that I haven't experienced until now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thixotropic

Re: Cannot connect to web server after reboot

Post by Thixotropic »

In the settings tab, when it doesn't work is the webserver showing that it's ending up on a weird IP like 169.x.x.x or is it still using the port that it normally uses?

I had this issue when running as a service and some else suggested that it may be starting BI before the LAN is fully initialized.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Averex

Re: Cannot connect to web server after reboot

Post by Averex »

It still had the static IP that I have assigned to the machine. I tried fooling around with the firewall settings, however was not successful.