5.2.1.2 Update

TimG

5.2.1.2 Update

Post by TimG »

Just thought I'd mention, I just updated to 5.2.1.2, and it stalled during update as it couldn't close BI5. I stopped BI5 with Task Manager, and double clicked the update.exe to do it again = sorted.

New members: I think the best thing to do is to turn off auto update for BI5 (i.e. Untick "Automatic download and install" in settings), and only update it when you have time to watch it to sort things out. If you don't, either a Windows or BI5 update will cause you problems :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
LOOPYLOOP

Re: 5.2.1.2 Update

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

Updated like normal for me.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Same problem here with v5.2.1.3. Welcome to the new normal :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator.
WmG

Post by WmG »

Problem free 5.2.1.3 for me after Prompt at Startup
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

After the 5.2.1.4 update this morning, everything is back to normal.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
hitekredneck

Post by hitekredneck »

I had the same problem last few updates. BI would not shut down cleanly and restart after update. Couldn't even shut it down manually without ending the process in task manager. Then when it restarted the update would not stick. Had to download update package and install while BI was in a non-running state. Hopefully this update today will fix that problem.
AMP

Post by AMP »

hitekredneck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:48 pm I had the same problem last few updates. BI would not shut down cleanly and restart after update. Couldn't even shut it down manually without ending the process in task manager. Then when it restarted the update would not stick. Had to download update package and install while BI was in a non-running state. Hopefully this update today will fix that problem.
Another thing for those who might be using Blue Iris Tools with watchdogs enabled. This behavior has been seen and discussed on the Blue Iris Tools forum https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/blue-iris ... 90/page-50 The developer of Blue Iris Tools is working on a fix due to the change in update location. Here is a YouTube video screen capture I made to show the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo8-sV1v-Qs
TimG

Post by TimG »

Thanks for the info AMP.

I don't get over to the "other forum" much since they banned me for helping people :twisted:

I fixed the update location issue on my pc by setting the address back to the original folder in BI5 settings, but an update is always welcome.
Forum Moderator.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

TimG wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:03 pm I don't get over to the "other forum" much since they banned me for helping people :twisted:
They seem to spend a lot of time doing that, so much so that they've gained a reputation for it.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS