Pan on a zoomed image

tward392

Pan on a zoomed image

Post by tward392 »

Did panning on a zoomed image change? I use the mouse wheel to zoom in, then I used to be able to click with the left mouse button to pan around, that seems to have changed at some point?

Now when I press the left mouse button it brings that camera to the full window and allows me to pan, but when I let go of the button I can no longer pan, it turns into an arrow or zoom in/out cursor.

Not sure when or why it changed but it just seems to work different now.
MikeBwca

Re: Pan on a zoomed image

Post by MikeBwca »

The version would be helpful.

I'm on 5.1.0.2, and the digital zoom pan works.
tward392

Post by tward392 »

Sorry, version is: 5.2.0.1 x64 (03/05/20).
tward392

Post by tward392 »

Didn't know if maybe it was a setting that got undone or something, when the wife gets clicking and clicking, somethings will get checked/unchecked accidentally!
tward392

Post by tward392 »

Just thought to check on the UI3 interface and it works like it always did there....
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

When you zoom digitally, does the cursor change from the normal windows cursor, to a 'Hand/Glove' cursor?

If you see the Arrow or the zoom in/out hourglass cursor, then you are zoomed out to full view.

What I've done on all my cameras is disable the cursor ptz/zoom function - I've found that it's too easy to accidentally zoom and move the camera.
To disable, go to the camera(s) settings 'PTZ/Control' tab. Uncheck 'PTZ w/mouse cursor'. This may not fix the issue. But, it may simplify it.

A few things to try...

- Export the settings of one camera with a different name than the default. Something like 'camera1 saveme'. Delete the camera. Add it back, and import the settings. Probably won't work. But if it does, it will be easier than setting the cameras up from scratch.

- Disable one camera that does this, then, add the camera back with a different name like 'Test'. Set it back up and see if this resolves the issue. If it does, then do this for each camera, and set it back up like you them.
tward392

Post by tward392 »

Unchecking the "PTZ w/mouse cursor" setting does change it back to what I was used to. One of the updates must have reset that or something.

Thanks.