5.2.0.0 Update...

denward17

Re: 5.2.0.0 Update...

Post by denward17 »

Updated to 5.2.0.4 and my SMS alerts have stopped working.

Anyone seen this?
denward17

Post by denward17 »

After upgrading to 5.2.0.4, I noticed my SMS text messages have stopped working.
They were last working on a version of 5.1.x.x.

Anyone notice SMS text message problem?
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I just did a RW test and it's working for me.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Let's start a new thread for 5.2.0.4 update....
5.2.0.5 was released earlier today.
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

5.2.0.5 Seems good to me, i was about to message support with UI3 bugs that made it crash out within a few seconds but that seems all good now.
gs4162

Post by gs4162 »

Thixotropic wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:10 pm If you never set a password for this account then you can just hit [RETURN] and it'll login.

The problem for me is that this will prevent it from starting without manual interaction, and I definitely don't want that. I want it to just start without any login prompt.

hisokajp wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:28 am
jecstl wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:30 pm updated now its looking for user name and password tried everything i could think of bummer updates suck any help
same problem for me, any solution?
Also need a solution to this
Devoir

Post by Devoir »

I have the same problem upgraded and now BI wants a User/password which I have never set. I can't figure out what the combination is..... I can't log in, can someone point me in the correct direction?

Devoir
Devoir

Post by Devoir »

I setup a new VM on a different server downloaded the software ..... added my code ... it recogonized my ID and went on to setup my cameras....

So what gives here. i have never setup a Blue Iris id/pw ...... is this a bug

Devoir
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Devoir wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:25 am I setup a new VM on a different server downloaded the software ..... added my code ... it recognized my ID and went on to setup my cameras....

So what gives here. i have never setup a Blue Iris id/pw ...... is this a bug

Devoir
Question: Did you need to deactivate BI on your system before entering the code in the VM BI?

Since BI works without issues in teh VM, transfer the settings to your normal computer...
I have done this, and it did work for me.

1. In your VM that BI works without issue, export the following 2 registry branches...
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Perspective Software
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software

2. In the VM, DEACTIVATE, BI.
You may want to skip this step to see it it will work without deactivating. If it doesn't, you can always start the VM up and deactivate.

3. Copy the exported registry files to your normal system. Name them to identify they are from your VM BI setup.

The following steps are in your normal computer that runs BI...

4, Shutdown BI entirely, including the service - If it's running as a service.

5. Export the same registry branches. Name them to identify them as your normal BI setup.

6. Delete the entire 2 registry branches. This is to eliminate any extra settings that may be causing issues.

7. Import the 2 registry files you exported on the VM. Double click them and reply 'OK'.

8. Startup BI. You may have to activate it.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Devoir wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:33 pm I have the same problem upgraded and now BI wants a User/password which I have never set. I can't figure out what the combination is..... I can't log in, can someone point me in the correct direction?

Devoir
Can you go into your BI log....
Find the 'Started' message, when BI is started. Copy the first dozen or so lines and paste them here.
This may indicate why it's asking for a useris/password.