5.2.0.0 Update...

MikeBwca

5.2.0.0 Update...

Post by MikeBwca »

The 5.2.0.0 update release yesterday...
Although largely “under the hood,”significant changes made for this release justify a bump
in the minor version number.
Some of the updates...
- better support multiple high-bandwidth cameras and to prepare for IPV6 connections.
- With a larger system, you should see modest reductions in CPU demand as well.
- we will be adding support for dual-streaming main and sub-streams.
- Web server code has been revised for performance and efficiency.
- Updates for Sentry Smart Alerts API 2 preparing for facial recognition.

It seems that BI is using slightly less cpu.
Also, the UI3 seems to be using slightly less cpu.
The main & sub stream support will be nice when they can add it.

See the help file for more details.
jecstl

Re: 5.2.0.0 Update...

Post by jecstl »

updated now its looking for user name and password tried everything i could think of bummer updates suck any help
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

After the update, the 'double-click to full-screen' function is working again on my system.

I made no other changes at all, just let the update install and then checked it...and now it's working like it did before. Maybe it's just me and my particular system, but something definitely changed.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
jecstl

Post by jecstl »

still cant use software after update . what are the user name and password something new
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

Thixotropic wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:07 pm After the update, the 'double-click to full-screen' function is working again on my system.
Good news, i think i would be lost if that happened to me.
Albertino

Post by Albertino »

Godd morning after the last update i no longer hear the saund of Foscam C1/c2
THANKS
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

5 hours later....

Noticed that I no longer have audio!

Yes, the 'Mute' button in the BI bar is green and the slider is all the way right at 100%. System audio is fine as music, videos, and exported BI videos all play fine.

- Checked the BI Audio settings and Camera Audio settings. All looks good.
- Recycled BI. Same.

Reverted back to previous version, 5.1.0.2. Audio is back.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

MikeBwca wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:22 pm Noticed that I no longer have audio!
This kind of thing is worrisome to say the least...there are so many options, settings, and features that if something goes belly-up, you may not notice for a while...possibly a long while.

Don't get me wrong- I love the feature-richness of BI, but every time I press the update button I wonder what's going to happen. :(

I'm thinking I may defer updates for a while now. Everything is working right now (I think) and many of the updates don't seem to be relevant to me.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Sent BI Support a message.

Response was that it appears to be camera specific, and I concur. I have 6 Foscam FI9826Pv2's and one Foscam FI8918W. The older MJPEG FI8918W audio works in BI. The FI9826Pv2's do not starting with version 5.2.0.0.

I tried the latest update 5.2.0.1 - same.

I've tried different Audio formats. I use '16-bit PCM'. The Find/Inspect defaults to '64 kbps G.711 u-law'.

I noticed that with version 5.2.0.0, there is a new option in 'Video/Configure'... 'Media Profile' with 'prof-' filled in. Probably has to do with this issue.
Ken wants to remotely log in to look at it. I'll post the findings.
dmirandadg

Post by dmirandadg »

:( :( :( :( :( now I can't access the console asks for username and password and this was never requested, I tried the same ones used in the app and via browser, it doesn't work. via app and web all cameras are muted. bad upgrade. I have been using BI for over 9 years and have never had these problems