BI5 crashing

nufsed

BI5 crashing

Post by nufsed »

My BI5 just started within the last week, I'm assuming after an update, randomly crashing. every few hours. Any help appreciated.
Thixotropic

Re: BI5 crashing

Post by Thixotropic »

nufsed wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:39 pmMy BI5 just started within the last week, I'm assuming after an update, randomly crashing. every few hours. Any help appreciated.
Well, that's not a lot to go on, but it seems that a few people have had trouble with updates over the last couple of months.

By and large my updates have been okay, but this last one knocked out the double-click to go to full-screen. No one else is reporting it, but I'm definitely seeing it. I've tried restarting everything just in case it was some weird transient bug, but it just isn't working for me any more. A few other people (including me) have recently seen a failure to update properly but doing the update a second time seems to have worked..
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
nufsed

Post by nufsed »

Is there instructions somewhere on reinstalling an update? Currently since I still have V4 on my system we are using it instead because 5 wont stay running.
mlisted

Post by mlisted »

Mine crashed too, for the first time in years. Looks like some sort of memory leak from Blue Iris in the post-mortem.
rjchu

Post by rjchu »

I have a similar issue that I thought started with v5.2.0 and still persists in 5..2.0.1 whit the following symptoms:

- blueiris service hangs or crashes such that any remote web connections fail and are refused going forward until the service is restarted and recording to disk stops

- there are no errors in the log file it just stops logging and then the next entry is me restarting it

- the front end ui process hangs (because it can’t talk to the backend service either)

I can rectify it by closing the ui, restarting the service and then I’m good for maybe 24 hours before it happens again

Anyone see something like this?

Joni