5.1.0.4 Upgrade

Preston256

5.1.0.4 Upgrade

Post by Preston256 »

How do I fix this? It says 5 of 6 files updated...update failed, make sure file is not in use.
TimG

Re: 5.1.0.4 Upgrade

Post by TimG »

Same here. I found a Blue Iris folder in Program Data and the update file was in there. Double click the update file.

This was supposed to be my first test of BiUpdater. It failed miserably :(
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
WmG

Post by WmG »

My 5.1.0.4 x64 update was smooth sailing but your (TimG) cursing the darkness did light a candle. I checked my BiUpdateHelper backups and the last one was 5.0.9.2 on 2/2. I did a reinstall but if that doesn't fix it it might be time to investigate reddawg's solution.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Mine failed the first time, but restarting BI and attempting the upgrade worked the second time.

Not sure if it's related but I absolutely positively lost the "double-click to full screen" function after this upgrade. I don't know if it's just me but it's definitely not working now when it did before (I use that function all the time and now double-clicking does absolutely nothing.

The "double-click to single camera layout" still works but it's not the same thing.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

Installed fine for me, CPU seems to be running high though, it even reaches 100% on occasions now when using PC for other stuff, never had that before.
WmG

Post by WmG »

Thixo - From the Main Menu under BI Settings Cameras tab "Double-click: Temporary full-screen" does nothing (bottom of page 66 of the current and ever updated help file)? Works as expected and as always for me.
Loopy - CPU seems about the same for me
And it turns out my BiUpdateHelper went south around the same time as I moved to an SSD so I might have munged up something in that process
TimG

Post by TimG »

Interesting point from reddawg in another thread:
Just recently, this folder path was created, possible after version 5.1.0.0. I noticed when Blue Iris updates to a newer version, it downloads the Update.exe file to this folder instead of the Program folder C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5.
So my first test of BiUpdateHelper saving all of the update files failed simply because Ken had changed the folder that the update file is sent to :roll:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.