Android app issues

General discussion about Blue Iris
callumj

Android app issues

Post by callumj »

Blue Iris has worked pretty flawlessly for me for years, including push notifications from the Android app. Following a playstore app update yesterday, I now get no notifications on both my android devices. Upon checking the blue iris app settings in the android system, there is no option to activate notifications. This suggests to me that something is not working properly with the latest update? Perhaps the app is not communicating with Android system that it provides notifications? Anybody else experiencing this issue?
MakoWish

Re: Android app issues

Post by MakoWish »

Same here. I already opened a ticket as well, but those rarely get quick responses. I was trying to find the previous version's APK online somewhere to downgrade, but I have not yet been successful.
MakoWish

Post by MakoWish »

To note... the push notifications is not the only issue. For some reason, the app is now listed as a "System App" which is strange, but I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and when trying to grant file system permissions, it does absolutely nothing. You are forced to skip that, but then you can no longer save screenshots or video to your phone. I downgraded my review on the Play Store to one star until this is resolved, because I don't know what good a security camera solution is if you can't even be alerted to something going on with your cameras. I will upgrade my rating again once this is resolved or we have a workaround.
MakoWish

Post by MakoWish »

Just got a response to my ticket. They just released a fixed version in the Play Store. It does seem to resolve all the issues I noted.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Good news. I will update mine now. Don't forget to update the Play store review :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Which android app version do y'all have now? I'm on 3.0.42 and server version 5.7.9.6 and still no notifications as of right now. :( I definitely haven't changed any settings.

EDIT: Apparently the app change/update reverted the permissions and the app didn't automatically ask me again for notifications. I had to manually re-enable in the app settings. Working again.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet