Download Size of Blue Iris v5, Full Version

General discussion about Blue Iris
Steve

Download Size of Blue Iris v5, Full Version

Post by Steve »

Hi,

Can someone tell me the download file size of BI5, full version? In other words, how much data will it take for me to download the full version?

Reason: at the moment, I'm on a limited data plan (yes, it's weak) with a Verizon mobile-hotspot device, and I'd like to download BI on THIS month's allotment of data before it resets on the 26th (no rollover).

For what it's worth, I tried searching numerous terms, but no matter what I try I continue to get this:
“The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: download size.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 2 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.”

Thanks!
Thixotropic

Re: Download Size of Blue Iris v5, Full Version

Post by Thixotropic »

The version I downloaded a few moments ago as a test is 130.8 MB.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Steve

Re: Download Size of Blue Iris v5, Full Version

Post by Steve »

Thixotropic wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:54 am The version I downloaded a few moments ago as a test is 130.8 MB.
Thank you, sir. You know, it's funny, my girlfriend's WiFi only gets 6 gigs a month, and I couldn't figure out for the life of me where all our data was going every month - I would surf a few forums and watch a couple short vids, and BAMM! 4 gigs gone!

I thought we were being hacked by a neighbor or something. Then I realized that I could check the usage on my laptop, and it turns out it's the seemingly-constant Win10 updates to my XPS 13. What's more concerning, I am pretty sure I changed all the settings to prevent automatic updates until I decide when I want to download them. But alas, it's been running updates in the background. I should've been tipped off when the dialog box kept saying "installing updates" and so on and on. This is what happens when you're not the most computer literate :P

Anyhow, I've advanced my PC literacy tenfold in the last couple months, and I have a new, dedicated machine to load BI on (and a half dozen Dahua cams to hook up).

Thanks again!