Spoooooooooky

General discussion about Blue Iris
Thixotropic

Spoooooooooky

Post by Thixotropic »

I have no idea what this is. At first I thought it was some raccoons that routinely go through my yard on their way to wherever they go, but looking closely I don't think that's what they are.

It's possible that it was just a bug or bird that was close enough to appear larger (and trigger the cam), but heck if I know what it is. I've got the sensitivity turned way down so it almost never ever triggers on rabbits or birds or dogs.

Unfortunately only one cam covers this area for now but maybe I'll stick a wifi cam out there and see if it picks anything up.

Whatever it is, I don't think it's immune to a Mossberg 500 Persuader. (They call it a "persuader" because it'll persuade damn near anything to run for the hills.)

spooky1.jpg
spooky1.jpg (23 KiB) Viewed 4811 times
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
hotbrass

Re: Spoooooooooky

Post by hotbrass »

monsteronporch-20190404-18475698.jpg
monsteronporch-20190404-18475698.jpg (11.49 KiB) Viewed 4802 times
Some kind of prehistoric mutation came to visit.

If you really didn't know by now, everything is bigger in Texas!
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

Looks like a moth to me by the shape of the body... You can see the rapid flapping wings.
I see lots of similar activity from close flying insects. They are attracted by the infrared lights and can be a real nuisance at times.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

At this time of year all the moths are normally long gone, but still...yeah, it might be a moth. I can't imagine where it would come from though.

broachoski wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:52 am Looks like a moth to me by the shape of the body... You can see the rapid flapping wings.
I see lots of similar activity from close flying insects. They are attracted by the infrared lights and can be a real nuisance at times.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS