Post by zjumbo »

Blue Iris Version 4.8.6.3
iPhone Blue Iris Version 1.63.10
Apple IOS 13.3.1

Anyone else seeing this?
Brisimmons105

Re: iPhone Push Notifications Not Working - 1/30/2020

Post by Brisimmons105 »

Not working here either. I noticed it yesterday.
PeteDirken

Post by PeteDirken »

Same here. Seems to have stopped within the last few days. My logs show iOS Push failure, and is trying the wrong number.
qwerty6000

Post by qwerty6000 »

me three

really hoping it's not forced obsolescence on BI's side
qwerty6000

Post by qwerty6000 »

Me three

Hoping it's not forced obsolescence on BI side

Apple changed something?
richRN

Post by richRN »

Ditto, mine stopped working as well. Can't figure out resolve.
nak1986

Post by nak1986 »

I had the same issue. When I emailed support they told me I'd have to upgrade to version 5. I wasn't a fan of having to pay for a feature I already paid for but I suppose it does cost money to maintain APIs with other companies.

Well, I did it anyway. And the notifications are back working on both our Android and iPhone phones. One word of caution. The lady from support reminded me to backup my settings as removing version 4 during the upgrade will delete your settings. I did a backup... Just didn't look where it was (the program folder)… That, got deleted :oops: Guess I'll be going through the thrilling process of optimizing my system again over the next several weeks.
terk

Post by terk »

I lost push notifications from both BI 4 latest and a BI 5 from about 3 months ago. They must have changed something that even the earlier version of BI 5 cannot handle. I guess I'll have to upgrade both instances to see if that fixes the issue.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I export my settings before and after every change, and then I store them on my NAS and in a local directory as well. I also export the router config from time to time as I set static IPs for the cams. Setting the whole thing up from scratch would be a huge pain in the butt.

nak1986 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:37 am I had the same issue. When I emailed support they told me I'd have to upgrade to version 5. I wasn't a fan of having to pay for a feature I already paid for but I suppose it does cost money to maintain APIs with other companies.

Well, I did it anyway. And the notifications are back working on both our Android and iPhone phones. One word of caution. The lady from support reminded me to backup my settings as removing version 4 during the upgrade will delete your settings. I did a backup... Just didn't look where it was (the program folder)… That, got deleted :oops: Guess I'll be going through the thrilling process of optimizing my system again over the next several weeks.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
macster2075

Post by macster2075 »

I have an iphone XR and the notifications work fine on that and also on my Samsung devices..but...
Push notifications from BI app do not work at all on my iphone 11. I can't figure out what it is...or why it works on all my other devices but not the iphone 11 which has all the settings identical to my other iphone.
When it's not this is the other thing that doesn't work...it's always something.

EDIT:
I found what it was...
In case anybody runs into this.
I noticed besides the "Users" tab within Blue Iris console which is were I was going to make sure it was enabled...there is another tab called "Mobile Devices"..in there, I noticed the iPhone 11 did not have a check mark.
Once I put a check on it..push notifications started working.

Hope that helps someone going through this!