shut down BI

General discussion about Blue Iris
LOOPYLOOP

shut down BI

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

What is the correct way to shut down blue iris? every so often i have the need to restart my pc, when i re start blue iris i get the red cross in the blue iris status bar and in the messgaes log it says something like 'blue iris restarted after an unexpected shutdown'
I have tried clicking the off icon in the top right corner, right clicking the icon in the windows taskbar and selecting close application.
Is there a proper way to close blue iris?
MikeBwca

Re: shut down BI

Post by MikeBwca »

Are you running BI as a service? BI settings/Startup.
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

yes i do have it running as a service, i meant to have mentioned that as main part of my query.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

LOOPYLOOP wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:44 am yes i do have it running as a service, i meant to have mentioned that as main part of my query.
Shutting down or restarting Windows will properly shutdown the Blue Iris service. You can also shutdown the Blue Iris service by launching 'services.msc', locating the BlueIris service and clicking the stop button. Alternatively you can stop the Blue Iris service from an admin elevated command prompt by typing:

Net Stop BlueIris

and the following to restart it:

Net Start BlueIris
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.