New to Forum - Question

General discussion about Blue Iris
switzerm

New to Forum - Question

Post by switzerm » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:12 pm

Hi, New to this forum, but not new to Blue Iris. Had an earlier version a few years ago, but was sick for awhile and got away from it. Have re-familiarized myself with version 5, and understand it fairly well, but I can't link to the cameras in my house. I can see them using other software and they are set up as static IPs on my network. I am hoping that the cameras I have are supported in BI. They are D-LINK cameras; DCS-5020L and two DCS-8000LH. Feel like I am just missing one step. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Tomek63

Re: New to Forum - Question

Post by Tomek63 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:44 pm

Hello everyone. I am also new on the forum. I can't find anywhere what languages ​​the Blue iris app offers?
Please help.
Is only English language...

Tomek63

Post by Tomek63 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:14 pm

no one really knows the answer?

TimG

Post by TimG » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:59 pm

Hiya,

I don't know if I can help, but let's have a go:

Switzerm: Can you show us an image of your settings ? Have you been able to choose this camera in the menu ? Are there any variations in the menu ? Have you tried them all ? H264 is normally a good starting point.

Tomek63: Please start a new thread for a different issue. English only as far as I am aware though. What language are you hoping for ?
Blue Iris v5.2.4.4 | Win10 Pro x64 | Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, Foscam R2, Ertech 4MP, 2 analogue cameras on Euresys Picolo Pro 2 | FX-8350 AMD Piledriver CPU, 32GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD| Homeseer HS3(4) Pro | TVMosaic | Emby | DVBViewer |

Tomek63

Post by Tomek63 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:29 am

I'm interested in Polish. I now have a 14 days demo version. And I wonder if in the paid version you can choose the language of the menu in the settings. Because in the demo I can't find this option

Tomek63

Post by Tomek63 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:32 am

I didn't want to start a new topic just to ask.

Is the paid version of the application 5 you can choose the language in the settings ?

maybe someone knows

jondwalters

Post by jondwalters » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:12 pm

Tomek63 - You're hijacking this thread. Please start your own if you have any question other than that topic of the original poster. It is considered rude to hijack a thread.

English is the only language that I know of but feel free to contact sales@blueirissoftware.com with any questions about additional languages.

HeneryH

Post by HeneryH » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:06 pm

The paid version will be no different from the demo version in language support.

homelyn

Post by homelyn » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi guys

Long term user of BI software, still using an older version.

I have similar problem in that I cannot see my DCS-8000L camera, i know its ip address, userID and password as i can see it on an iPad, windows laptop etc, using DLink software so the camera is working.

I cannot see it if i put in the IP address in Internet explorer or Safari (OS X).

There is a model number for the camera in the configuration section of the video set up, But it just doesn't want to connect.

I suspect its something to do with the connection, in that there is no Ethernet socket on the camera, just a usb type plug which supplies power.

Did you ever get your DSC-8000L working with BI? if so how?

Any ideas would be most welcome

Thanks

eric