New user multi cam multi location

General discussion about Blue Iris
Winterpeg12

New user multi cam multi location

Post by Winterpeg12 »

Hello

Newbie user. I have a few properties I want to monitor from home location..
We have 10 different store locations all with high speed internet and 5 reolink PTZ POE cams at each
What do we needed to do to watch all cams from a single homebase computer
MikeBwca

Re: New user multi cam multi location

Post by MikeBwca »

You'll need a licensed BlueIris for each location, and, at home. Contact BlueIris. Maybe they will give you a package deal.
TimG

Post by TimG »

The licensed BI5 for each location makes sense if you are recording locally at each place, and you could use another BI5 from home, or maybe use Teamviewer ?

Does anybody here have experience of using a multi-licence system and how to set it up and view it from a remote BI5 installation ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Winterpeg12

Post by Winterpeg12 »

No issue with buying multi copies of software if needed

What is team viewer?

For each location do I need a server (PC) or can I just set up cams on internet with a laptop
Then have laptop with me at home office and monitor live all 50 cams on that laptop.. And record and or use PTZ cams... Kinda like a full time monitor for my 10!Locations

Thanks..
Again I am new :)
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Teamviewer is a remote desktop software. I've been using it for years. Unfortunately, recently it has started to incorrectly report home users as commercial use, and limits/block the user from using it.

I've switched to AnyDesk. But, it requires the remote computer to acknowledge and approve the connection. Whereas with TeamViewer, you can set it up for unattended access.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Winterpeg12,  There are two topologies here that technically could work.  I think only one that I think you should consider.
You could run one BI instance at a central location and have all of the remote cameras stream over the internet to your central location.
OR
You could have separate BI instances at each location and have each location receive and record its own cameras.  The BI 5 release allows you to have a master instance of BI that can act like a direct console for any remote BI instance.  The central location would only stream what is necessary for whatever you happen to be doing at the moment at the central location.
Pros/Cons. 

The pro of using a single instance of a central server is that you could have a single view of all cameras and the cost of licenses.  The con of this is that any hiccup in your internet at all would result in lost footage and your bandwidth could be very high with all of the streaming 24x7.
I think the only real practical solution is separate BI instances at each site and also a central management instance.  It is just way safer and more reliable recording.  Of course you'd need x+1 license.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

MikeBwca wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:03 pm ...
I've switched to AnyDesk. But, it requires the remote computer to acknowledge and approve the connection. Whereas with TeamViewer, you can set it up for unattended access.
CORRECTION...

AnyDesk does have 'Unattended Access', and I have successfully configured it with a password on a remote desktop. I've also enabled 'Access Control', and entered my AnyDesk ID, so that only myself can log in remotely. When I first logged in, I clicked 'Save password' so I can login without needed to enter a password.

What I do not know, is if another instance of AnyDesk can login normally, requiring the remote user to acknowledge. I would think it would. I'll test that in a VM.