Upgrade to 5 -- Was it Worth It?

General discussion about Blue Iris
DroMike

Upgrade to 5 -- Was it Worth It?

Post by DroMike »

I'm just looking for a few general opinions from those who had a good working copy of BI 4 and migrated up to BI 5. Were the or any reasonably substantial upgrades that you now enjoy that you didn't before, etc.?
tombone

Re: Upgrade to 5 -- Was it Worth It?

Post by tombone »

DroMike wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:46 pm I'm just looking for a few general opinions from those who had a good working copy of BI 4 and migrated up to BI 5. Were the or any reasonably substantial upgrades that you now enjoy that you didn't before, etc.?
I did not upgrade (yet) for exactly this reason. I don't see any benefit.
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

My V4 was so unreliable I'm afraid to update. If I hear that its more stable and doesn't drop offline every time there's a windows or BI update, then I'm in. Seriously, my BI hasn't been online for more than 2 weeks at a time for 2-3 years! If its not BI, its Amcrest dropping out.
stetzer3

Post by stetzer3 »

For me, YES. Used version 4 a couple years. Upgraded to V5 about 3 months ago. The usual learning differences but not that difficult. Biggest improvements for my use is in motion detection. Much more flexible. It pays big when you learn and understand the system. (I have 5 cams. 3 wifi, 2 wired on an i7 & SSD PC all 4 or 5mp cams) Reolink by the way. Not to promote any particular brand, but my experience has been fine.