How to get motion alerts from your Google home

General discussion about Blue Iris
jmmatthews20

How to get motion alerts from your Google home

Post by jmmatthews20 »

I thought I would share how to have your Google home announce when Blue Iris has a zone trigger. You need an Android device that will always be running. On the Android device install Tasker and the autoremote and autocast plugins. Set up autocast to have your Google home devices listed. Set up autoremote to work through the Android device. Use a program like audacity to make your announcement sound files and export them as mp3s. I used a website that let create text to speech sound and save as mp3s. Then I used audacity to edit together a chime sound and the voices announcement so that each file, when played, plays a chime and then the voice announces the camera that was triggered. Create a folder on your Google drive and upload the announcement files to the folder. In Tasker set up autoremote addresses for each camera. Put these addresses in the box on blue Iris where it pings a web address when the camera is triggered under alerts. Then in Tasker on the Android device create a trigger through autoremote for the web address. Create a task through autocast/best guess and select your Google home. For the item you want to cast put the address for the announcement file on your Google drive. If you want the announcement to play on more than Google home put a4 second delay and then create the same task but select the other speakers. Create a 4 second delay for each speaker. You're done. Sorry I didn't go into more detail and this is hastily written. Let me know if you have any questions.
TimG

Re: How to get motion alerts from your Google home

Post by TimG »

I don't have Google home, but thank you for posting this info :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.