Amazon Echo

General discussion about Blue Iris
BlueRIdge

Amazon Echo

Post by BlueRIdge »

Trying to display my camera on an Amazon Echo Show.

I'm unclear on Blue Iris support for Echo. It seems to be there, but is poorly documented. Following a post that I found online, I cannot get Echo ti "discover" Blue Iris. Does BI really support viewing a camera on an Echo?

I wasted way too much time trying to use Monocle, only to have Echo hang on "connecting to camera". There's an option for a monocle "gateway", but that looks way too complex to set up for me.

BI has been working great for me for a long time. I just wish I could view on an Echo....
TimG

Re: Amazon Echo

Post by TimG »

Hi, the help file mentions a future dedicated app, but then only mentions beta functionality for settings rather than viewing. Please send an email to support, and let us know what the response is.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
frank

Re: Amazon Echo

Post by frank »

@BlueRIdge

Did you ever hear from BI about viewing of a camera on Echo?

I have not been successful in having Echo even discover the BI connected cameras. When I click on "Connect to Amazon Echo", Echo does not find new devices after a search. And that is after setting each camera's "Amazon Echo Control" settings to "Select". Of course, I don't really know what good that would do anyway.

I am using BI 4

Is Amazon Echo support any better with BI 5?

Thanks