Issues With BI...

General discussion about Blue Iris
plongson

Issues With BI...

Post by plongson »

I just CANNOT understand why as of late, I'm having so many issues with BI. I've been using BI almost since Ken started selling this software...so I'm not exactly a novice. But it seems every time I turn around, there is a new gremlin. Just for the record, I'm running the latest version of BI with support and an Android Note8.

Geofence has not worked for nearly a year where it was flawless and now the BI app cannot reach server...out of the blue, regardless of what I do on this end.

This is just a rant, but all this crap cannot be solely on my end with my hardware. I personally think BI has become bloated and is causing gremlins and weird issues because of it's size.

BI is highly rated but dang, something has to give...

Rant over...
HeneryH

Re: Issues With BI...

Post by HeneryH »

There is another thread with folks dealing with GeoFencing. Take a peek at that. You are not alone on that item.
TimG

Post by TimG »

There is another thread with folks dealing with GeoFencing. Take a peek at that. You are not alone on that item.
Do you mean the one where plongson & me are trying to figure it out :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

BI v5, in my understanding, was re-written in order to utilize new code, implement new features, and, make it run faster.

Look at the install exe's. The last v4 was 72.2 MB. one of the first v5's 5.0.0.42 is 107 MB! It will grow, then be the same size for several updates, then grow again as new features are implemented. The latest version 5.0.6.11 is 125 MG.

It will take a while to work the new bugs, or 'undocumented features', out. Some of these appear to be carried over from v4!
TimG

Post by TimG »

I will send an email to support regarding Geofencing. It could be incredibly useful here in combination with my Homeseer automation, but it just doesn't quite work.

Email sent. I will let you know what responses I get.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
plongson

Post by plongson »

That would be awesome Tim! Let us know what you hear...