Android App Spinner Icon...Spin..Spin..Spin..

General discussion about Blue Iris
Sparks

Android App Spinner Icon...Spin..Spin..Spin..

Post by Sparks »

BI Android App Ver 2.0.69
BI Version 4.8.6.3

Greetings. While viewing cameras in the Android app, the spinner icon appears when selecting which camera to view by swiping sideways. Normally this spins until the next cam is in view but too often the spinner continues to spin without loading the camera.

I have noticed this since I started using BI a few years back. It has not improved even though there have been a few updates to the app. I have asked other also using the Android app and they also report a similar hanging of the spinner.

Will I notice any improvements to this when I upgrade my server to BI-5 ?
Thixotropic

Re: Android App Spinner Icon...Spin..Spin..Spin..

Post by Thixotropic »

Sparks wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:19 amWill I notice any improvements to this when I upgrade my server to BI-5 ?
I can't say for certain but I'd guess that this is actually more of an issue with the Android app than the BI software itself.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Sparks

Re: Android App Spinner Icon...Spin..Spin..Spin..

Post by Sparks »

Thixotropic wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:04 pm
Sparks wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:19 amWill I notice any improvements to this when I upgrade my server to BI-5 ?
I can't say for certain but I'd guess that this is actually more of an issue with the Android app than the BI software itself.
I can say that the app does not work as well as it could. If a camera is not reporting it just shows a black screen or maybe the spinner. I think it used to give a no-signal indication. I don't think it is a connectivity issue as it does this on WiFi or 4G.