Comprehensive list of supported cameras

General discussion about Blue Iris
hx19035

Comprehensive list of supported cameras

Post by hx19035 »

Hello,
I'm ready to pay for BI5 as soon as I can figure out if it'll work with my cameras. I'm using some LaView POE 2mp cameras (dont remember the model numbers off hand) but LaView is super hard to circumvent.
I have NEVER been able to connect to my cams using SADP or anything other than their proprietary software.

So, question, is there a solid list of exactly which cameras are supported?

Thanks,
Chris
Thixotropic

Re: Comprehensive list of supported cameras

Post by Thixotropic »

Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, there is no official list. I have already asked Ken this question, and his answer was that if they made a list, it could never include the thousands of other cameras using the standard IP protocols. I'll have a search for the previous thread.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

A good place to start with camera compatibility would be to look for ONVIF protocol support.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Kens response was:
Hi Tim

This is such a moving target I really hate to limit the software to a list. There are probably a thousand more compatible cameras using standard methods like RTSP, ONVIF, MJPEG, etc we just haven't tested yet. Here's the list of what's listed in the software now

BlueIrisSoftware.com/cameras.ods

Thanks

Ken
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

14 of my cameras are inexpensive Chinese Generic variety and their brand names are not listed within BI's selection list but they ALL work just fine when entering their IP address and allowing Blue Iris configure on its own.
It is my understanding that LaView is related to Dahua which has strong Blue Iris support.