What are you using for cloud storage?

General discussion about Blue Iris
Thixotropic

Re: What are you using for cloud storage?

Post by Thixotropic »

iDrive.com had a special going where they gave you 3TB for $3.50 for the first year. I don't know if the deal is still in effect. I posted a link to it here somewhere.

I went ahead and got it, though I figure I'll use it and then cancel before the auto-renewal kicks in.

And just for the record, I have no connection to iDrive whatsoever, I just thought it was a deal worth mentioning. 3TB for a year for $3.50 ain't bad.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Rahaboss

Re: What are you using for cloud storage?

Post by Rahaboss »

I stayed with Google drive - i'm recording 247 locally and upon motion detection i send a clip to google drive.

This is relatively easy to set up with Blue Iris and google drive on same PC. (1 physical camera - 1 cloned - one feed records 247 to local drive, cloned feed records to a specific folder that is synced to Google drive by google drive app).

Gives me the redundancy im looking for without having to spend massive bandwidth / Cloud storage disk space.