Looking for help / advice / info on running BI in the cloud

General discussion about Blue Iris
jjsi

Looking for help / advice / info on running BI in the cloud

Post by jjsi »

Hello All

I have a project which requires local IP cameras but a cloud based application / storage.

I have downloaded BI to test, I like what I see, but cannot find any info on running the server in the cloud.

has anyone done this? is it possible?

any help or feedback would be very welcomed - i have tried contacting BI directly, but was pointed towards the forum.

TIA

JJ
stewart

Re: Looking for help / advice / info on running BI in the cloud

Post by stewart »

By "in the cloud" do you just mean remotely? You can have a head end of BI in one location and have the cameras somewhere else. Wherever the cameras are, you need to forward the ports to the camera for BI to see. Ideally, you would only allow the BI network to connect through the forward. For example, your network that has BI has a public IP of 1.2.3.4 and the camera resides in a network of 7.8.9.0 and is listening on ports 80 and 5550. In that case you would create a rule in your router that the camera sits to read:

Source IP: 1.2.3.4
Source Port: Any
Destination IP: 7.8.9.0
Destination Port: (either 80 or 5550 in this case. Really, whatever port the camera is listening on)
Target IP: (IP of the Camera)
Target Port: (either 80 or 5550 in this case. Really, whatever port the camera is listening on)

That will allow your Blue Iris server to originate out of its remote network and reach the feed of the camera. The specifics of how to actually program the router/firewall will depend on the model the camera sits behind.
jjsi

Re: Looking for help / advice / info on running BI in the cloud

Post by jjsi »

thank you for the response!

dupe thread https://blueirissoftware.com/Forum/view ... ?f=3&t=467