Synchronize camera's IR with Blue Iris day/night profiles?

General discussion about Blue Iris
RoadHazard

Synchronize camera's IR with Blue Iris day/night profiles?

Post by RoadHazard »

My Hikvision 2032 cameras can automatically switch on/off their IR LEDs based on ambient light (i.e., automatic day/night operation).

But I can't find a way to make Blue Iris do the same thing. That is, I'd like to switch between its daytime trigger setup and its nighttime trigger profile at the same time that the cameras themselves switch between daytime and nighttime mode.

Or, if that's not possible, I could have BI control the cameras' IR switch-over by sending them a command, but I can't find a way to do that, either. The "events" feature of the Trigger tab comes close, but no cigar.

Is this doable and I'm just missing something obvious? Please embarrass me. ;-)
MikeBwca

Re: Synchronize camera's IR with Blue Iris day/night profiles?

Post by MikeBwca »

Can you turn on/off the IR's using the 'IR Lights' button in the bottom left under the cameres and above the timeline?
2019-09-08 at 22-48-25.png
2019-09-08 at 22-48-25.png (6.89 KiB) Viewed 5871 times
You can use the 'Event Schedule' in the 'Schedules' tab for the cameras to turn IR lights, Contrast, Brightness, on/off. And, set it to be relative to sunset/sunrise - it will keep changing the sunset/sunrise times depending on the longitude/latitude you set in the BI settings 'Schedule' tab.
RoadHazard

Post by RoadHazard »

No, the brightness, contrast, and IR icons are all grayed out on my screen. (The IR light bulb is actually "greened" out, not gray, but it still doesn't work.)

Sounds like BI doesn't know how to turn the IR LEDs on/off on this particular camera model and I'm outta luck. :-(
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Have you sent a request to BI? They should be able to add it in a future update.