Need help: Lost signal to cameras with router replacement

General discussion about Blue Iris
BatesFam

Need help: Lost signal to cameras with router replacement

Post by BatesFam »

Hello,
We needed our router replaced and then we lost signal to all our cameras. We have the date & time running just no picture.
I sent a text to the person who installed our system about 3 years ago with no response. He is MIA.
I have a feeling it is something very simple but I do not want to mess with anything I don't know how to fix/understand.
Can someone help remotely?
Thanks
TimG

Re: Need help: Lost signal to cameras with router replacement

Post by TimG »

This could be due to the IP address being different on the new router, but the only way to be sure is to have a look at it. Which part of the world do you live in ?

Can you add a picture of what you can see on the screen ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Re: Need help: Lost signal to cameras with router replacement

Post by HeneryH »

I know this is very old but... some random thoughts that might trigger something.

Is your BI setup using domain names or IP addresses in the setup?

If you log into your router do you see the cameras in the list of connected devices?

Some routers are set to assign the 192.168.1.x address range for their devices while others are set to use 10.10.x.y for their devices.

If your cameras are set to use DHCP and get dynamic addresses, you may just need to power cycle your cameras so that they renew their DHCP leases with the new router.

If your cameras are set to use static addresses, and the address range has changed (ie from 192.168.x.y to 10.10.x.y) then you may need to log into each camera through its own internal web page and change the address.