Possible New Client

General discussion about Blue Iris
SpectrumVR

Possible New Client

Post by SpectrumVR »

We are currently using our security company for NVR but i would rather do it ourselves as little as we actually need to get recordings. Currently we are using 2 ADC-V522IR Cameras, and maybe adding 4 or 5 in the future, but probably will be different models since they are from our security company. I am looking for a full range software that will give us alerts in txt, email and what not when motion is detected. We want to be able to be able to record to a cloud website on a schedule, as well as locally as well. I have had a couple of people recommend this, and reviews on the net look good. Is this something that we can do with this software and with the avail app? Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
MikeBwca

Re: Possible New Client

Post by MikeBwca »

I have no experience with clould/nas recordings. But, yes.
spammenotinoz

Post by spammenotinoz »

Many way to write to cloud, one of the easiest is via a cloud service such as amazon drive, google backup and sync or OneDrive, and then sync that folder.
Basically any cloud provider with a windows client.
It won't be instant, but backs up in a matter of seconds, especially with H.265 and a Decent upload speed.
I have all my footage going to the cloud, but you can set it up so "archives" go to a particular folder, which syncs to the cloud.
FTP direct from the CAM's is also good, wouldn't go via BI.
I use direct to disk and encode in MPEG4, so playback is super easy, no need to convert.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi SpectrumVR,
This is mainly a user to user forum, so if you need BI to respond, you will need to email them directly.
Tim
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.