Need help adding a remote camera. Desperate!

General discussion about Blue Iris
NWHikerOR

Need help adding a remote camera. Desperate!

Post by NWHikerOR »

Hi eveyone,

OK, i just deleted my post, so here goes. Short and quick.

Site A and Site B. Site A, 14 cameras connecting to a computer running windows 7 through a POE unmanaged switch. Site A has internet access. Site B, for offsite storage also has internet. Camera is a AMCrest IP5M

I cannot seem to get a camera from Site A onto the BI software at site B. All I get is "No signal". Site A has port forwarding in place for the camera on port 8293 for IP 192.168.1.64. Site B in the configuration menu you can see by the images below. I'm under the gun here, so any help would be appreciated. I've searched the archives here, but cant seem to find anything. I'm the new guy at the company, but not new to tech. Again, any help would be nice.

configuration images are below.
https://imgur.com/a/65ZVZ1O

thanks!
pnewlon

Re: Need help adding a remote camera. Desperate!

Post by pnewlon »

NWHikerOR - while I would be completely useless to you as far as BI goes, at the moment. I think I can possibly help you with this. Having port forwarding by itself may not work, unless you are having that camera somehow try to connect to the BI server rather than the server connect to the camera. What is the IP network of A and B?
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Did you set both ports equal or is that what the camera is reporting as the way it supports connections?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Did you get this resolved?

On site A...
- Log into the cameras gui and get the the IP & port #. These are the actual #'s used by the camera - no matter what BI says. Also get the RTSP & ONVIF port #'s.
- Get the cameras 'Video/Configure' screenshot. This is the actual working ip:port, make/model. It will also have the RTSP/ONVIF port numbers, which should the same as what the cameras gui says in the previous step.

On site b...
This says the camera is a generic camera... there's the problem.
- Make sure the Video/Configure setting on site B is the same as on site A... make/model, port #'s including rtsp & onvif.
- If setting the camera to the same make/model doesn't work, try setting the camera model to 'Generix ONVIF'. Note sure if you need to specify the IP port #, or the ONVIF port # (And then pass the ONVIF port # thru the router).
mran613

Post by mran613 »

Was there a resolution to this? I purchased this software because they told me this was absolutely doable no problem. I have the exact same Asus routers in both locations and the exact same cameras, the help has no information on this, nothing on their site. It seems however that what BI is set up for is connecting one BI setup to another with ease - I know they want you to pay for each installation, however, after working on this without success for several hours and not getting any usable help from support, they should allow a second installation under the same license for this.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

@mran613, can you clarify your network topology and your goals so that we can better help?

BI is designed to work on one LAN connecting to cameras on that LAN.

Sure, you can set up VPNs and various port forwards to help connect remote cameras on one LAN to a BI instance on another LAN. You would just need to make sure your routes and/or forwards are correct.

As far as licensing goes, we can all want ponies but we don't always get what we want.