Camera do not trigger

Bhojvang

Camera do not trigger

Post by Bhojvang »

Hi all

I am totally new to Blueiris.
I am a Ubiquiti fan and have Ubiquiti network, WiFi and camera and I have always loved the way to control it, but after all the stories about they got hacked I decided to disable all remote access and now I am not able to use the app on my phone anymore, so I decided to give BI a try, without knowing if it will work with Ubiquiti I bought a BI licens and set up a VM on my server.

So here is what I got.

8 Ubiquiti camera running through UDM pro, My BI is running on a VM with 16GB Ram and 4vcpu, my cpu doesn’t support Quick Sync and I don’t have any special GPU on it but my CPU is running around 25-30% with 8 cameras main and sub stream set up on each camera, I also enabled Deepstack and it is also working, so I think this is okay.

My problem is that all my camera is set up to trigger on motion, but it is only sometimes it’s capturing motion even if I stand in front of camera and jumping around, I have checked my setting many times and can’t see what I am missing?

Could it be that the UDM also record on motion?

Again I am totally new, so please bear with me
TimG

Re: Camera do not trigger

Post by TimG »

My problem is that all my camera is set up to trigger on motion, but it is only sometimes it’s capturing motion even if I stand in front of camera and jumping around, I have checked my setting many times and can’t see what I am missing?
I think you need to set up triggers before you add the complication of DeepStack, although BI5 does allow you to see cancelled Alerts - are there any of your missing triggers in that list ?

You could clone an existing camera, and test the settings that way.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Wires

Post by Wires »

I second leaving deepstack out of the picture until you are happy with the triggering. Only thing DS will add is rejecting triggers that didn't match the criterias.

How do you set up your image snapshots? For me I have the trigger images going to one folder, trigger video to another. When the "alert" is real, those images end up in the alert folder.

If you are saving your trigger images to a dedicated folder, then you can filter by that folder to see if it indeed triggered or not. If it's not, you may need to play with the sensitivity settings for the motion detection. For me, the defaults work perfectly fine, but keep in mind approaching a camera straight on may not have enough difference in the video frames to be meet the trigger thresholds.
jensie

Post by jensie »

Hello,

I'm struggling getting my unifi/ubiquiti cameras into BI.
To be more specific, I'm not able to add any substream.

I fill in at the top, the correct RTSP feed (4K) but the substream and audio are at that moment greyed out.
Any advice ?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Can you add screenshots ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
jensie

Post by jensie »

I've added a screenshot of the camera settings.

- I have to put a RTSP feed and then the rest get greyed out.
- I have tried to use Make, Model, etc... but then the camera doesn't get picked up
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 11.48.24.png
Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 11.48.24.png (173.8 KiB) Viewed 3802 times