Evaluation Watermark-Problem FIXED by BI

MikeBwca

Re: Evaluation Watermark-Problem FIXED by BI

Post by MikeBwca »

if you have 'Retain a copy of the update package' checked...
Look in 'C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\Updates' and see what you have. If your lucky, you'll find it there. Otherwise, get it wherever you can.
VidMaster2023

Post by VidMaster2023 »

Hi everyone,

Just adding my two cents to the ongoing discussion:

TrevorfromPerth, I'm glad to hear that your initial issue was resolved by BI. For a software as complex as Blue Iris, having an active forum like this where users can discuss, share, and learn from each other is a crucial asset. Always remember, there's a wealth of knowledge and experience within the community that's invaluable.

donnyburklow, as others have mentioned, the "Expires - Never" simply means your ability to run the software does not expire, but updates may be bound by the support period. It's a common misunderstanding and it's always best to check the support and update terms when purchasing any software. If you have installed it for multiple clients, each client should have their unique license.

For those facing the 'Evaluation' watermark even after a valid purchase, always ensure that the version of BI you are using is within your support timeframe. If it isn't, either revert to a version within that timeframe or consider extending the support plan.

Finally, a big shout-out to the moderators and active members here for keeping this forum lively and helpful. The support and commitment I see here are commendable. If there's any ambiguity, always remember to check the official Blue Iris documentation or contact their support.

Stay safe and have a great day!
Cheers,
VidMaster2023 🎥 | Video management enthusiast | Onboarding & Product Discovery Expert @Jimo | 🌍 Explore. Learn. Share. 🚀
artworksmetal

Post by artworksmetal »

I had a somewhat similar experience with Duplicate File Finder. It actually let me do updates, then when I reopened it it was no longer the registered version but the free version with limitations.
In this case I did a clean install on a new computer.
I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one confused by this. Because when I entered my serial number, it accepted it just fine and everything was hunky-dory.
Until I actually added a camera.
The Blue Iris settings tab clearly says my level of support has expired on 9/9/2022. It just is not clear that the license key isn't good for the version that I'm using.
What I'm suggesting is that the entire existence of this thread is due to inadequate Information in the Blue Iris Settings tab.