Renewal

General discussion about Blue Iris
iptvcld

Renewal

Post by iptvcld »

Hello; I currently have a BI4 license and I just purchased the $35 1 year support and maintenance license from your site. Question, what key to I use on BI5 now? The new one I just received or my old BI4 key? If BI4 key, how does it know I purchased the new 1 year plan? 
HeneryH

Re: Renewal

Post by HeneryH »

Does your main settings status screen indicate you are eligible for an upgrade? Near where your license key is on the main settings tab.
reddawg

Re: Renewal

Post by reddawg »

If you added the Extended Support and maintenance key to Blue Iris 4 and it says "eligible" for Blue Iris 5, then you would add the original Blue Iris 4 license key (old key) in Blue Iris 5 to activate it. Once BI4 shows that your eligible for BI5 upgrade, it has linked that Extended support and maintenance key to your old BI4 key.

Make sure you do the following when upgrading to Blue Iris 5:

1. Make a backup of BI4 by clicking on "Export Settings" from Settings -> About tab.
2. Copy the exported settings file called "Blue Iris.reg" from "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4" to your Desktop. Rename it to "Blue Iris_v4.reg"
3. Download and install latest version from https://blueirissoftware.com/blueiris.exe, it should be v5.0.1.0.
4. It should install "Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019".
5. After running Blue Iris 5 for first time, make a backup of BI5 by clicking on "Export Settings" from Settings -> About tab.
6. Copy the exported settings file called "Blue Iris.reg" from "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5" to your Desktop. Rename it to "Blue Iris_v5.reg".

When you run BI5 for the first time, you should not need to activate it using the old BI4 key. It should recognize your registration license from BI4 and use it. Both BI4 and BI5 use the same location in the Windows registry for their settings.

7. When everything is working properly in Blue Iris 5, uninstall Blue Iris 4.

If uninstalling Blue Iris 4, deletes all of Blue Iris 5 settings, then open Blue Iris 5 (Demo mode) and re-import the "Blue Iris_v5.reg" file. IF you decide not to uninstall BI4, do not switch back and forth between BI5 and BI4. This will causes problems in BI5.

FYI: I prefer to use REGEDIT to create my own Blue Iris backups because they work outside of Blue Iris app. To restore BI5 settings, all I have to do is double click on the REGEDIT file that I created.

64-bit Windows OS
REGEDIT /E "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\BlueIris_v5.0.1.0x64.reg" "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software"

32-bit Windows OS
REGEDIT /E "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\BlueIris_v5.0.1.0x32.reg" "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Perspective Software"
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.