Blue Iris 4 -- max connections to camera?

General discussion about Blue Iris
mujzeptu

Blue Iris 4 -- max connections to camera?

Post by mujzeptu »

We have a Blue Iris 4 server with 45 cameras. We talk to the cameras via code and JSON to start recording, stop recording, etc.

We are noticing that when a lot of connections/calls happen, that there is lag/latency/timeout issues. I am wondering, is there a maximum connections limit when talking to the cameras via blue iris? Is this expected or known by anyone else? We don't seem to have the issues when not under load, so I am wondering if it is related to max connections or some software limitation?

Thanks!
IAmATeaf

Re: Blue Iris 4 -- max connections to camera?

Post by IAmATeaf »

Did this work before and has recently started misbehaving? What OS do you run?
mujzeptu

Post by mujzeptu »

Yes it has been working fine for months to years. Just started acting up in the past few weeks. This is running windows 10.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Can you work out what has changed recently, wondering if maybe you’ve installed a Windows update?
mujzeptu

Post by mujzeptu »

It could be, as we stay up-to-date with patch tuesday's....

At this point though, if someone can please confirm if there is indeed a software limitation that could be related to this issue, and if so, what it is I would appreciate it!
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

If BI hasn’t been updated then it’s more than likely that a recent Windows or drivers update is the cause of the issue?