BI 5 Upgrade for iOS

General discussion about Blue Iris
Waternut1313

BI 5 Upgrade for iOS

Post by Waternut1313 »

Hey all! So I have BI 5 and logged into my server today and saw an update available so I downloaded it, however I saw that I need to pay for the support plan to get the update so I downgraded to the old version. I saw in the release notes it mentions better iPhone support and today I just got an iPhone and updated the app and when I opened the app it told me to update my BI software to get the best service.

I tried looking but cooking find it, What does the new update have that makes it better for the iPhone? I know the app has been redone but I cant tell why a software update helps it work better with the iPhone?

(I have no issue paying for the support plan as BI rocks just trying to figure out what's special with it)

Thanks for any help!
terk

Re: BI 5 Upgrade for iOS

Post by terk »

Push notification images were fixed after the new mobile app and the BI server version that came out at the same time as the mobile app update. The newer BI server version 2.5.3.x now supports using the intel GPU offloading with h.265 streams to shrink the storage footprint of each recording so you can get more days out of the same storage space before old videos get dropped to make room. There have been other changes as well but those were the big ones for me to upgrade.