Admin User Privileges and subuser restrictions

General discussion about Blue Iris
Veroz

Admin User Privileges and subuser restrictions

Post by Veroz »

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and new to Blue Iris but I am planning on deploying the software on my home server to run my new security system in my 2021 new construction build. I already run a Plex and home automation server in my current residence so this seems like the next logical step for my home server.

However I am curious about Blue Iris's admin user privileges. Can I create sub users that only have read access (wife)? Can I create users that only have read access for certain times of the day and/or for certain camera feeds only?

The reason I ask this is that I was wanting to use a security camera w/ audio and IR in my infants bedroom instead of the typical "nanny cam". The problem is I don't want to give full access to the security system and I would want to restrict it to one camera for M-F 8-5pm or something very similar. Is this possible? I realize I would have to provide a tablet or phone with the mobile app installed.

Brad
MikeBwca

Re: Admin User Privileges and subuser restrictions

Post by MikeBwca »

Veroz wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:41 am ...
However I am curious about Blue Iris's admin user privileges. Can I create sub users that only have read access (wife)? Can I create users that only have read access for certain times of the day and/or for certain camera feeds only?
Brad
Yes, to both.

Thru the BI settings User tab. And, by using 'Schedules' and 'Groups'.