Mark alert as read on mobile automatically so they stay in the timeline but does not increase count

General discussion about Blue Iris
iGagy

Mark alert as read on mobile automatically so they stay in the timeline but does not increase count

Post by iGagy »

Hi all,

Is there a way to mark alerts (showing on the mobile app) as read from the server?

Here is what I'm trying to achieve, maybe there is a better way.

I currently use multiple profiles (I record continuously for 5 cameras).

- Away: Triggers generate an alert list image for all cameras, Break time is 10 seconds and push notification sent to my iPhone for all cameras
- Home daytime: Only my front facing cameras generate an alert list image, breaktime is 10 minutes (less notification if the kids are playing outside), push notification sent to iPhone only for my front facing cameras.
- Home nighttime: All cameras generate an alert list image, break time is 2 minutes and notification sent to iPhone for all cameras

I'm looking for a way to keep the alert list image so I can see the triggers in the timeline on the desktop app or in the mobile app but not get the alert numbers on the mobile app for certain profile.

At night, I get a lot of false alerts from spiders and insects... I don't really want to see the alerts number in the app, but would like to still them marked as an alert in the timeline. So if something really happens during a night, I can go back and view all the alerts that have been trigged and find what happened (even if I see multiple false alerts).

Also I could like to trigger an alert list image in the backyard when home as well, but only for logging. Dont want to be notified or open the App and then see x numbers of alerts.

If I open an alert on my iPad, It's cleared on my iPhone so there must be a way to clear them in the database somehow maybe?

Hope this makes senses.. thanks in advance!
MikeBwca

Re: Mark alert as read on mobile automatically so they stay in the timeline but does not increase count

Post by MikeBwca »

The alerts will always be visible in the timeline & clip list, on the Console, as well as the UI3.

Are you referring to the phone notification's being marked as read? I'm not aware of any Read or Unread notification in the phone app or console for the clip lists.

Anyone?
iGagy

Re: Mark alert as read on mobile automatically so they stay in the timeline but does not increase count

Post by iGagy »

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply...

I would like to have them auto mark as read on iOS for certain profile as as soon as a trigger happens we need to have it generate an alert list image if we want to have it marked in the timeline but this also generate an unread badge on the mobile devices even if we do not push notification.

When home and at night I would like to keep the entries in the timeline but not have the badge icon with the number of triggered events on the mobile devices.

Thanks again!