Have to Factory Reset after power loss

General discussion about Blue Iris
AP514

Have to Factory Reset after power loss

Post by AP514 »

I have had to factory reset my Dahua Cam after I lost power at the house this last week..(Storms)

Is this because I do not have a SD card installed on the cam ?

If Not why am I lose'n my settings ?
Matts1984

Re: Have to Factory Reset after power loss

Post by Matts1984 »

I don't have actual Dahua branded cameras but I do have Dahua 'made' cameras and running similar firmware. Odd that you experienced that. I don't have SD cards in any of my cameras and, while we haven't had storms (does a power surge come into play at all????) I have cut the power to my cameras and they come back up just fine.

Are you using PoE or power adapter? I don't think that makes any difference but just curious. Are there any firmware updates available?
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
AP514

Post by AP514 »

Just running POE+ from a 384W switch..GS724TPPv2.

I do not have everything set up on my BI5 yet was just testing my 1st Cam out..power went out for a few seconds and lost the Cam...both times the power went out.
TimG

Post by TimG »

That is not normal. I don't have a SD card in my Dahua cam, and it remembers settings after the power has been cycled.

Do you have another cam to test ? I suspect your first cam is faulty.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
AP514

Post by AP514 »

UPDATE **
Well, My adapter setting was off on my BI machine. not sure if I was out of Range of just had 1 of those weird IP setting that your are not supposed to use.
any way I changed the last 2 Digits ( .xx ) on my network/BI5 adapter and all is working.