License key / App

General discussion about Blue Iris
jkimrey

License key / App

Post by jkimrey »

Hi .

I just purchased Blue Iris and received a PayPal receipt but it has been about 30 minutes and I still haven't received an email with my license key (used official website).

Is that normal?

Also, while looking in the Play store I noticed that the Blue Iris app is $10. Is that the official app? Is it $10 even for those who purchased the software?

TIA
MikeBwca

Re: License key / App

Post by MikeBwca »

If you still haven't received the license, send an email to the BI support email.

Yes, $10 is the price.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

You can use other solutions on your mobile phone, but frankly, the app is well worth the $10 and I am a cheapskate.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

I was surprised at the app price as well but yes, it is the official app. Fortunately it is a "Family" eligible app so you can pay once and load on a spouse's phone, etc (unless they use the other "App Store").

If you're on the Android EcoSystem however, I highly recommend the Google "Opinion Rewards" app. It does monitor your location, as with everything else on your phone, but will ask you periodical surveys that really ask for nothing specific. It might be based on a store you recently went to, did you pay with cash/debit/credit, would you be willing to show your receipt***. It could also ask questions based on your browsing habits or youtube viewing. All of this is something like "did you recently search for XYZ", if yes, were the search results to your satisfaction, done. No survey has taken me more than a minute. At the end you get varying amounts of Play credit, only good for apps, music, in-app purchases, etc.... but doing this periodically makes me much more willing to occasionally download a paid app. Typically my rewards are between .10 and .40, but they do add up. Over time I've accumulated over $250 in play credit that I've used. NOT meant to be a Google advertisement, but an instance of a way to make the $10 BI app less painful. Also, while a "little" bit of information is collected, it's really nothing they don't already know.

***You can always opt to not share the receipt and I've experienced no difference in the reward amount if you say "no"
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

Matts1984 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:48 am

If you're on the Android EcoSystem however, I highly recommend the Google "Opinion Rewards" app.
i've been using android devices for years and i completely didn't know about this, thanks for sharing!..just signed up!
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I've been using Google Rewards for a while. It's how I purchased the BI android app, and, several others.