New PIR interface to BI via Arduino

General discussion about Blue Iris
FFMan

New PIR interface to BI via Arduino

Post by FFMan »

I had installed a few of these about my place https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Drive ... 028&sr=8-1

They're really effective, good range to receiver and being PIR not triggered by wind movement etc. I have to admit i gave up trying to use camera motion detection outdoors due to false triggers.

So then i wanted BI to mark the video streams when an alert occurred, so I opened up a receiver and tried tapping into various lines using the chip datasheets and my oscilloscope. The comms between the RF and the pic ICs proved too chatty to interpret, but the comms between the PIC and the sound chip was easier, and so long as you set each PIR to trigger a different melody, you can establish which PIR has tripped on the Arduino, and mark the correct video stream accordingly via the arduino single character option in BI. I would have preferred to have used the GCE protocol but I couldn't find any complete documentation.

Happy to post Arduino decode code if anyone wants, though I am aware i have reinvented some similar stuff done before.

I went on to create a bedside module, which only woke me with a beep if certain groups or double-trigger conditions were met and squeezed the arduino into the receiver case.

Hope this helps someone.
Attachments
da-600-tiny.jpg
da-600-tiny.jpg (113.34 KiB) Viewed 14232 times
Thixotropic

Re: New PIR interface to BI via Arduino

Post by Thixotropic »

Great work, very nice!
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Brucew

Re: New PIR interface to BI via Arduino

Post by Brucew »

Hi
I know you posted this a while ago but being a complete newbie to Arduino coding I am very interested in this project so I would really like to see your Arduino code for this project. And I take it from the picture those are your connections on the PIR which you connect to the Arduino?