Nest adjusts internet settings and breaks BI

General discussion about Blue Iris
ereddish

Nest adjusts internet settings and breaks BI

Post by ereddish »

I realize Nest is NOT the best choice but that's what I have and have been using for several years. Recently, due to extreme demand, they reduces their streaming capabilities/internt bandwidth and that broke all of my Nest camera connections in BI. Any halp would be greatly appreciated.
TimG

Re: Nest adjusts internet settings and breaks BI

Post by TimG »

ereddish: Have you asked Nest for a solution ? Would BI work if you reduced the number of cameras you have connected to BI via Nest, or do you mean world wide bandwidth ?

There are no obvious solutions, as the issue is with an external provider, but I thought I would comment that this is what can happen when you don't have direct control over your video sources.

Non techy people at work talk about "the cloud". I know it's a pc under a desk somewhere else in the world :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
ereddish

Post by ereddish »

I appreciate the reply. As it turns out, Nest sent out a tweak to every camera in their network. I found in the settings that I could change their tweak. Once I did that, our cameras came back on in BI.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Nice one. Thanks for the feedback 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
dkeltong

Post by dkeltong »

Can I ask how you got your Nest into BI? I get close (some video) but then it breaks. Is there information about this anywhere? Thanks in advance.
ereddish

Post by ereddish »

dkeltong wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:57 pm Can I ask how you got your Nest into BI? I get close (some video) but then it breaks. Is there information about this anywhere? Thanks in advance.
Watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HOMscbV6IA. You have to use MS Edge browser to tet the exact RTMPS AND you have to share the camera in Nest. Hope that helps.
dkeltong

Post by dkeltong »

I saw another video similar to this and I couldn't get it to work. I used Edge and followed the instruction but I don't see anything in the code for RTMPS. I just see HTTPS stuff. There is some stuff in the JS files for rtmps but not that string shown in the video. I know I did this once and was successful. But now I can find it. Did you do this recently? I wonder if something changed?

Mine looks like this:

<source src="https://stream-us1-bravo.dropcam.com:44 ... nAUWY49seU" type="application/x-mpegURL">
ereddish

Post by ereddish »

I'm glad I'm not having issues bc I've spent a couple of hours looking BUT... I think if you go into your BI - Camera Properties - Video and use the string you just posted but change the selection from http to rtmps// with the rest of the string you have that might work. See my attached image...
Attachments
BI Video.JPG
BI Video.JPG (41.98 KiB) Viewed 7985 times
dkeltong

Post by dkeltong »

Thanks, but I have tried every combination I can think of. I wonder why you see RTMPS and I don't? I am using Edge.
ereddish

Post by ereddish »

Actually I'm not able to see that string any more which is why I said I'm glad I'm not having this issue. I'll keep looking - this is insane. I'll let you know if I can figure it out. Hate you are having this trouble.