Extreme frame drop after some seconds runtime

General discussion about Blue Iris
wogfun

Re: Extreme frame drop after some seconds runtime

Post by wogfun »

I figured out what was going on. "limit decoding unless required" was checked on the video page. Now it seems obvious what was happening.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Ah! Thank you for following up.

That said, I love this setting personally. I had to make sure my key frames were set correctly directly on my cameras (they defaulted to a high setting) but now my videos run at 1 fps in the BI panel unless 'Active' at which point they display normally. All recordings are normal as I'm doing direct to disk. And the key frames are still frequent enough to make no change at all with alerting. BUT, if I didn't know what was happening it would have certainly concerned me.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
Knight

Post by Knight »

I wanted to come back to this topic as it is still current for me. I emaild BI Support but lets say that did not help,ast thing I heard was "I will look into it".

To this day I was able to get it into working condition by randomly applying update packages till BI runs at around 45% cpu utilization. It would stay like this till you need to restart or like today BI decides to die (First time it died since I use it. It lost connection to a camera which it seemed to be emotionally attached to and decided thats it.)

I am beyond my knowledge, the hardware can't be the problem as it is working some times and it works PERFECT if it works. Remains this to be a software issue which I can't solve on my own.
I think I have to look for something else then BI which is sad as it is perfect for our use case.