Video "Stutter" at same spot every day

General discussion about Blue Iris
YrbkMgr

Video "Stutter" at same spot every day

Post by YrbkMgr »

I'm hoping I can get help with uncovering why I'm experiencing a "break" or "stutter" on one of my cameras. Attaching a link to the 14 second clip of my postman delivering mail on a screened in porch. At 3 seconds in is where the anomaly occurs. It does this at the same spot, every day when the postman delivers the mail. It never catches him crossing the porch entrance threshold, only before, and after crossing the threshold. Same thing, every day. It does NOT happen when he leaves.

Video Link (YouTube): https://youtu.be/qoRPK-xXIRM

I've also attached a screen cap of the motion zone for that camera, only it's showing it at night.
Blue Iris Zone A Porch.JPG
Blue Iris Zone A Porch.JPG (80.75 KiB) Viewed 5263 times
Where should I look to find out why and eliminate the "stutter"??

Thanks for any help in solving this mystery.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
TimG

Re: Video "Stutter" at same spot every day

Post by TimG »

Hi, can you confirm if this motion detection is triggering the recording, rather than recording 24/7 with a trigger for an Alert ? My first thought is that the pc has throttled down, and that this is the result of it changing cpu speed.

Does it only do this with one camera, and are they all similar resolution and frame rates ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

TimG wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:42 pm Hi, can you confirm if this motion detection is triggering the recording, rather than recording 24/7 with a trigger for an Alert ? My first thought is that the pc has throttled down, and that this is the result of it changing cpu speed.

Does it only do this with one camera, and are they all similar resolution and frame rates ?
Thanks for attempting to help. I don't record continuously, so, yes, recording is triggered by motion. I have two cameras, Amcrest IP3M-943B (the one experiencing the issue), and an Amcrest IP2M-841-V3. The 841 is an indoor cam and does not have the same issue, but for whatever it's worth, that camera resolution is set to 720p, while the 943 resolution is 3MP (1296).

I too wondered if it was a CPU issue, but dismissed it early on for three reasons - my CPU never goes above 40% unless I'm exporting / re-encoding. I have both cameras set to direct to disc recording, and finally, I can't imagine that the CPU chugs at the same event every day. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying that was my logic.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

looks like it does it again at 10 seconds
what is the break time set at in the camera settings - trigger?
also are you recording direct to disc or re encoding?
TimG

Post by TimG »

It is clearly doing the same thing every day, so don't discount anything yet :shock: Is this an Intel cpu using hardware acceleration ? Please add details.

As a test, could you reduce the resolution from the 943 and see what happens when it triggers ? You may have to find a few more postmen to complete the test ;)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.