New Blue Iris setup

General discussion about Blue Iris
FragMasterJ

New Blue Iris setup

Post by FragMasterJ »

Question for you guys;

I had blue iris on an old PC with 10 IP cameras of different manufacturers (foscam & watchdog). The original blue Iris system was working fine, but PC was outdated.

Now I am migrating to a new windows 10 computer, have downloaded newest blue iris software on the new computer.

*****I have new/different license on the new computer.

When trying to setup cameras on new computer, it won't find a single one on the new computer even with the IP config tool. But I can hook it back to the old system and all cameras operate and display fine. If I take that same ethernet cable and plug it in to the new system nothing can be found even by searching for the IP address. Please advise what steps I am missing.

DO I have to reset all cameras manually, and add them on the new system as a new camera on blue iris?
(Have turned off the firewall/virus software and compared settings on old computer: network, ethernet, proxy, etc. to new computer.)

I would rate my IT skills as a 5/10. So don't be too hard on me.

Thanks in Advance
MikeBwca

Re: New Blue Iris setup

Post by MikeBwca »

Is it really necessary to post 4 messages?
chuckt

Post by chuckt »

Did you backup the old BI system. You should be able to import that with minimal setup afterwards.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Unless you changed your home router, you should not have to do anything with the cameras at all. IP cameras can even have multiple systems connecting to them at the same time.

We'll need to dig into this a little more as something seems off with the configuration of your computer.

Can you log into your router and see what IP addresses are assigned to your computers and cameras?
TimG

Post by TimG »

I agree with HeneryH, let us know your config.
Unless you changed your home router, you should not have to do anything with the cameras at all. IP cameras can even have multiple systems connecting to them at the same time.
So true. Can you connect BOTH pc's to the network since you have two licences ? If so:

1. What is the IP address of the old pc?
2. Does BI see all of your cameras ?
3. What is the IP address of the new pc ? {I'm wondering if it is an IPv6 issue}
4. Does BI see any of your cameras ?

Hmm, firewall :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.