IMPORT Settings: Unable to delete registry key to complete import

cdikland

IMPORT Settings: Unable to delete registry key to complete import

Post by cdikland » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:15 pm

I just completed a Windows 10 Reset and after re-installing the latest BI I tried to import my bi setting which I had saved just prior to the Win Reset. Now, when I try to import this same file, bi terminates without any message and after a restart I get the error shown above. I have tried re-installing, deleting the blue iris import keys from the registry but nothing appear to work.
I know that the exported settings is fine because, before the reset of Win 10 I tested importing it. No problem.

Seems I had this problem when I upgraded from 4 to 5. Anyone have a solution for this problem?

TimG

Re: IMPORT Settings: Unable to delete registry key to complete import

Post by TimG » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi, send a message to support. They sometimes read stuff here, but not always.
Blue Iris v5.0.4.8 | Dahua 5231, Foscam R2, Ertech 4MP, 2 analogue cameras on Euresys Picolo Pro 2 | FX-8350 AMD CPU, 32GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD| Homeseer HS3 Pro | TVMosaic | Emby | DVBViewer |

reddawg

Re: IMPORT Settings: Unable to delete registry key to complete import

Post by reddawg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:14 am

This problem is caused by a permission issue on the a1 key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\. Open REGEDIT, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris and edit permissions on the a1 key so the Everyone group has "Full Control".
Blue Iris a1 reg key problem.png
Blue Iris a1 reg key problem.png (38.56 KiB) Viewed 186 times
https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... ?f=4&t=169