reolink duo 3 displays at 1/2 to 1/3 speed in BI

bflorin

reolink duo 3 displays at 1/2 to 1/3 speed in BI

Post by bflorin »

Has anyone tested the reolink duo 3 w/ BI yet?

I picked one up expecting to have two feeds for left/right cameras, but its a single image now with two resolution options- 7680*2160 or 4096*1152. Max rate 20fps.

BI does not like the high resolution. The stream plays at 1/2 to 1/3 the speed. At 15 minutes, the live view can be up to 5 minutes behind. The lower resolution option doesn't have this time issue.

Tried the V2 recommended options but those stream urls are not valid on v3. Disabled overlays live, no motion detection, set constant rates, iframe 1, reduced frame rates. Nothing seems to improve the reduced speed of time at 7680*2160. Disabled all other cams in bi. System resource usage is minimal.

VLC handles the RTSP High res playback flawlessly. rtsp://USER:PASS@IPADDRESS:554/ Playing it side by side w/ bi, you can watch the time difference in the feed overlay. I've verified bi is using the same rtsp port by looking at the lan traffic.

Just wondering if something needs to be tweaked in BI code for this 7680*2160 resolution.

Thanks!
iiisoblue

Re: reolink duo 3 displays at 1/2 to 1/3 speed in BI

Post by iiisoblue »

I just installed a Duo 3 and it appears to be working ok.

On the camera configuration page I have Generic/ONVIF, *RTSP...., Receive Buffer = 20, Use RTSP/stream timecode = checked.

Video Max.rate: = "476191 [21.00 fps]" which is not on the list of options. I suspect it was imported from my previous Duo 2 config. Most likely you can choose the 25 FPS option, or you can copy and paste what I have.

Hardware decode: = Nvidia (RTX 4070 on a fast gaming computer).

Camera is configured with fixed frame rate and fixed bit rate (max) at highest resolution setting. Time overlay from camera in lower right corner.