Issues with Alert / Clipping gaps ?

Sardon

Issues with Alert / Clipping gaps ?

Post by Sardon »

Can anyone explain why there's such a big gap between my alerts? Also, why do I only have alerts from the last 5 days? I might be using the wrong term. When I click on the "alerts" pane far left, and then double-click an alert from the pane on the left, it plays. Is this called an alert or a clip? Either way, why are they only from the last 5 days on the cameras where I've used CPAI?

My main camera, the 4K one, has clips/alerts that go back at least a month.

I'm really confused about how to get things back to how they were. Before, all my clips/alerts/footage would stay in sync, and older ones would automatically delete when storage was full. I hope this explanation is clear.
Attachments
gap.jpg
gap.jpg (16.06 KiB) Viewed 795 times
Sardon

Re: Issues with Alert / Clipping gaps ?

Post by Sardon »

Is it possible that cancelled alerts are consuming all the storage space ?

Also where do these cancelled alerts reside ?

I'm just trying to figure this out as my main balcony camera has only 4 days worth of alerts / clips which I can double click on and view footage from the point of that alert capture, this isn't normal to only have 4 days..

What am I overlooking here ?
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

This is driving me crazy. My alert/clips are now down to 3 days yet "all clips" for the camera in question span the month and more.

Alert/clips:
3days.jpg
3days.jpg (15.24 KiB) Viewed 758 times
All clips:
all clips.jpg
all clips.jpg (16.54 KiB) Viewed 758 times
ducem

Post by ducem »

Try a repair/regenerate of the database
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

My frustration with the situation regarding the significant reduction in the duration of alert/clips to merely two days is escalating. This comes after I've already taken measures such as deleting the bulk of the .dat files for CPAI and disabling the analysis on several cameras to prevent them from regenerating.

This issue is becoming increasingly aggravating. I intend to reach out to Ken, seeing as I've received little to no feedback from this post.

It should be noted that the nightly, automatic database maintenance is a different issue altogether and not my primary concern. What is particularly vexing is the unexpected shortening of clips in my alerts panel. It's becoming a significant annoyance, especially since I'm at a loss about what further steps I need to take to rectify this problem.

The whole process of moving alert jpgs here and there is bewildering. If a clip alert functions as a still image, which then plays the footage from that moment when double-clicked, it should serve as a reference point. Therefore, it's baffling how these could be diminishing.

I'm almost at the point of deleting everything from this machine and starting afresh to figure out what exactly is going wrong.

Honestly, I'm beginning to feel like I'm losing my sanity!
Attachments
clips-alerts.jpg
clips-alerts.jpg (33.29 KiB) Viewed 744 times