Pre-Trigger record time issues since installing latest update

Sardon

Pre-Trigger record time issues since installing latest update

Post by Sardon »

I'm uncertain as to what's occurring here, but ever since installing the latest update for Blue Iris earlier today, when I playback footage (alerts), they commence from the moment the alert was detected or thereabouts, seemingly lacking any pre-trigger record time. This issue also appears to be affecting CPAI processing, which is quite strange to say the least. This problem wasn't present before the update, that's certain.

I've rechecked the pre-record trigger time, and it's currently set to 5 seconds, whereas it is typically set to 3, so I'm puzzled as to why it's now 5. However, playback isn't starting at either of those times; it's as if it's instantaneous playback from the point of detection. Does anyone have any ideas?
Sardon

Re: Pre-Trigger record time issues since installing latest update

Post by Sardon »

Time to roll-back via system image me thinks.
louyo

Post by louyo »

Message to self: "don't be a pioneer"
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The reasoning given for the 5 second minimum "upgrade" was based on BI needing enough time to grab an 'I' frame to properly initiate the recording..., which typically occurs every second. But who's counting...

And where's an 'I' frame cop when you really need one?
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

Addressing the OP's actual issue, I'm also not seeing any pre record at all in 5.8.6.4, in cameras that are set to record on "alerts" only (not continuous or Continuous plus alerts, etc), set for 7 seconds of pre record.
I can't say if this worked prior to this update, I wasn't looking, and am hesitant to go back to an earlier version and lose a few things I am liking.

Was pre record supposed to work saving video prior to the alert for a camera not doing a version of continuous?
Attachments
2024-02-09_11h50_32.png
2024-02-09_11h50_32.png (36.47 KiB) Viewed 444 times
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The pre-trigger recording buffer only applies to 'triggered' recording.
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

Pogo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:15 pm The pre-trigger recording buffer only applies to 'triggered' recording.
the help file says alerted also...???
2024-02-09_13h42_38.png
2024-02-09_13h42_38.png (25.76 KiB) Viewed 440 times
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Indeed it does. More fun with 5.8 and yet another 'improvement' to the latest/greatest stable release that evidently doesn't work as planned either.

Below is from 5.7.4.2. It's been a rock solid release for me. You couldn't pay me to 'upgrade' and I sure as hell wouldn't pay to do it.

pre-trigger.jpg
pre-trigger.jpg (29.57 KiB) Viewed 438 times
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

I mostly agree that updating quickly is risky, but sometimes there are things worth trying. There are a couple of new options in the Alerts tab ("new zones/sources only" (additive or exclusive) that are good for me. I was using clones to allow me to alert either with BI motion sensor (with cpai) or with IVS in camera (Dahua). IVS works well with people and cars, but not animals. Motion sensor, using ipcam-combined and cpai, works well with animals. But until now, you couldn't use both reliably with the same camera without using a clone. The new options seem to allow both without the clone, and works for me so far. Still testing though.

None of this has to do with the pre trigger though:)
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Uhhh, that has my attention, but not necessarily for specific AI purposes.

I'm curious...,

Are you indicating that individually independent triggers are now simultaneously available for different zones or types of motion detection within a single camera configuration?