New Computer - Evaluation Version Watermark

abstractreality

New Computer - Evaluation Version Watermark

Post by abstractreality »

I purchased a new computer and reinstalled Blue Iris 5, but there is an 'Evaluation Version' watermark on the screen.
I searched this forum and found a thread that said version 5.2.7.9 would work, but when I try to install it I get an error saying: SeaMax.dll was not found.

I emailed Blue Iris support, but they said the same thing that I found in the thread. Download an earlier version or purchase a new support plan.
I've dealt with customer support before and it's pretty much what I expected.
Last edited by abstractreality on Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bi555

Re: New Computer - Evaluation Version Watermark

Post by bi555 »

abstractreality wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:29 pm I purchased a new computer and reinstalled Blue Iris 5, but there is an 'Evaluation Version' watermark on the screen.
I searched this forum and found a thread that said version 5.2.7.9 would work, but when I try to install it I get an error saying: SeaMax.dll was not found.

I emailed Blue Iris support, but they said the same thing that I found in the thread. Download an earlier version or purchase a new support plan.
I've dealt with customer support before and it's pretty much what I expected. If Blue Iris was a principled company they would make things much easier, but the only principle they have is squeezing more money out of their customers.
So use something else...if you were principled you would not expect someone to work for you for free. Why should you get support for free?
abstractreality

Post by abstractreality »

Edit: It's ok, I got it fixed. Honestly, Blue Iris software is the best cam software I've had, minus the customer service.
Last edited by abstractreality on Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bi555

Post by bi555 »

abstractreality wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:45 am The point is that I already purchased the software. Just because I bought a new computer shouldn't mean more money for Blue Iris. It's a shady way to do business.
The issue is not that you bought a new computer. Its that you are trying to install a version of the software for which you have not paid. If you installed the proper version it would work. Again why should you be entitled to lifetime support? Do you work for free?
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

abstractreality wrote:The point is that I already purchased the software. Just because I bought a new computer shouldn't mean more money for Blue Iris. It's a shady way to do business.
The point is you didn’t read the T&Cs when you made the purchase!

Essentially, whatever version of BI that is available on the date that your support expired, within the same family of release is the version that you can use. Anything newer and you will get the Evaluation watermark.

You need to find out when your support expired then work out the version available at or before that time and install that over the top of the main BI install and that should get you going.

BI doesn’t seem to keep an archive which I do find pretty strange as they must get a lot of queries re this but thankfully you find previous versions archived on the site ipcamtalk.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Is bi555 Fenderman? True and accurate but harsh?