Swim analysis tool

General discussion about Blue Iris
bugkav

Swim analysis tool

Post by bugkav »

Hi Everyone
So most of this is Russian to me. I have tried to build an underwater swim analysis tool for the local swim club. I have 4 underwater cameras (Balrus) all hooked up to batteries and wifi transmitters and each is connected to a local wifi network on a mini-computer. I can interface with the camera settings via one software application to change them. I purchased the BI software because it looked like a VMS that I could set up as plug and play for the coaches---something simple. I can see all the cameras in real time in Blue Iris. I can highlight any one camera and record from it. The other three cameras don't record. I tried to put them all in a group--and then a trigger group. I still get one recording. So what I need is the following.

1) an easy way (one button push) to record from all the cameras simultaneously for like 30 seconds.
2) to be able to play back all the recordings on the computer monitor simultaneously and move each video from one of the smaller "boxes" to the bigger "box" viewer so that you can go back and forth focusing on technique from different angles.
3) would be good that one doesn't have to go find the recorded video(s) and bring them up --but that there is an easy (multiple different coaches using the tool) to just click a link or box on the desk top or in the program to see the playback (and control the slow motion aspect)
3) have the next 30 second recording write over the last one---the idea is real-time viewing for the swimmer and then do it again---don't need or want to save video of the kids---that could cause some issues.. same video link to click--same file---just written over---for the next lap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and who knows you might be helping a future Olympian. If there is a better simpler VMS software setup I should use ---please let me know. Think plug and play and hard to eff up :)

Thanks

Jeff
bugellipisculli@gmail.com