Crashing on 5.8.0.14

TheOgre

Crashing on 5.8.0.14

Post by TheOgre »

Recently updated to 5.8.0.14, the next day, at 10:18pm something happened and blue iris crashed the VM, hard locked, no blue screen, just locked up. Could not even boot to desktop afterwards, as when the blue iris service was loaded, it immediately hard locked the system. Managed to boot in safe mode and disable the service, which allowed me to completely uninstall, clear all registry entries, and restore from backup. Deleted and regenerated database. Ran for 2 minutes and immediately started again. Deleted all clips in "New" to see if there was corruption, afterwards recreated the database and ran fine, until 10pm that night.

Just deleted all clips from Stored, New, and the database. It's been running for about an hour.

No idea where to start as event viewer shows nothing related to system or applications at the time of the lock, only that an unexpected shutdown occured after booting up the next time. Blue Iris logs also contain nothing. RAM usage never exceeds 50%, OS and database are stored on RAID 1 SSD's with 220gb free, clips are stored on a 3tb drive with 2.76tb allocated, and at the time this started, only 2.5tb was being used. Ran memcheck, SMART extended on the HDD, everything to diagnose hardware issues and no results. This is a virtual machine that has been running flawlessly for about 5 months, only experienced this since updating from 5.8.0.8(or whichever fixed the memory leak of 5.8.0.5)

The host system has absolutely no issues with any other VM's or services, and it only seems to be an issue when the blue iris service is ran, and it only hangs the VM, not the host system. Repair/compact database is default at 2am, and I have absolutely nothing else scheduled at or around that time. I suspect the time might have something to do with it, corrupting a clip and then that causes the BI to lockup the system.

Any ideas where to start? I'll see if it makes it through tonight and update. No windows updates had been done on the machine recently, the only thing changed was upgrading BI, I did run windows updates and it didn't seem to fix anything.

Never had to diagnose a system hang like this.
IAmATeaf

Crashing on 5.8.0.14

Post by IAmATeaf »

Try installing the latest stable version of BI.
TheOgre

Re: Crashing on 5.8.0.14

Post by TheOgre »

IAmATeaf wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:16 pm Try installing the latest stable version of BI.
I know I could roll back to 5.7 but I'm moreso looking to see if there's an issue with this particular release, and if so, to have it fixed so others don't run into this issue. This system isn't mission critical.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

TheOgre wrote:
IAmATeaf wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:16 pm Try installing the latest stable version of BI.
I know I could roll back to 5.7 but I'm moreso looking to see if there's an issue with this particular release, and if so, to have it fixed so others don't run into this issue. This system isn't mission critical.
In that case you need to log a support ticket.
TheOgre

Post by TheOgre »

IAmATeaf wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:26 pm
TheOgre wrote:
In that case you need to log a support ticket.
Will be doing that, just had another crash even after clearing all events, the entire program and registry, and restoring from backup. No idea what happened.
3y350nth3Pr1z3

Post by 3y350nth3Pr1z3 »

Just because maybe, what is the brand of your computer