Why does Blue Iris continue to do business with Fenderman and Ip Cam Talk?

General discussion about Blue Iris

Why does Blue Iris continue to do business with Fenderman and Ip Cam Talk?

Post by 32424235 »

This guy has threatened to sue me because I said I would give his site a bad review. All while he abused his power as webmaster of that forum and edited my review of another product and effectively slandered my name. This is a type of person that needs to be made an example of. There is no room in this industry for punks that resort to cyber bullying tactics. I already filled an FTC complaint against this business since they generate revenue from affiliate sponsorships and ads. I suggest Blue Iris should not allow this company to continue advertising their brand on such a shady site that is ran by someone with callous intentions. Might not be good for business to have your brand tarnished by someone who makes these kinds of threats you know? After all, it is a bit ironic to allow security software to be advertised by an individual that has no regard for your safety. Even Chinese companies don't do you this dirty.
Thixotropic

Re: Why does Blue Iris continue to do business with Fenderman and Ip Cam Talk?

Post by Thixotropic »

32424235 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:27 amThis guy has threatened to sue me because I said I would give his site a bad review.
Welcome to the real Blue Iris forum.

Yes, Blunderman a well-known crank; half the people here have either been banned from his forum or been harassed by him.

No one's sure if his unhinged behavior is the result of mental illness or drug abuse or both, but his psychiatrist or parole officer could probably shed some light on it.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Where’s the thread of abuse?

The problem is regardless if you like or hate him, he has a wealth of knowledge about BI and so do the regular forum members over there.

Yes some of the regulars can irritate but I view it the same as when I get my car serviced! Yep I hate the garage but needs must
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

IPCT sells a lot of Blue Iris subscriptions for the developer and is also the premier resource for Blue Iris information on the planet. Take it or leave it for what it's worth and only engage at your own risk.

The End.
Last edited by Pogo on Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Pogo wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:22 pm IPCT sells a lot of Blue Iris subscriptions for the developer and is also the premier resource for Blue Iris information on the planet. Take it or leave if for what it's worth and only engage at your own risk.

The End.
Dang right! Still good for BlueIris. I believe that most forumer's eventually get the jist of IPCT and eventually land here. That is, all but the 'cool-aid' drinkers over their.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

32424235 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:27 am
If I see a non descriptive ID, I usually think of it as a temporary ID and/or spam id.
But, I do understand your position. Welcome to the forum.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Oh I remember that thread now, wasn’t this guy insulting people who fiddle in garages, hmmm like most of the people here who like to dabble
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I completely agree with you. Fenderman is a juvenile, punk, jerk, who does not know how to communicate. I was a long time contributer to IPCAMTalk, and now I would never post on there again. He has run off a lot of good people from his forum, too bad for him. Looking forward to post on this site.
muchbruise

Post by muchbruise »

Hammer wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:10 pm I completely agree with you. Fenderman is a juvenile, punk, jerk, who does not know how to communicate. I was a long time contributer to IPCAMTalk, and now I would never post on there again. He has run off a lot of good people from his forum, too bad for him. Looking forward to post on this site.
That's right. I was one of the people he kicked out.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

IAmATeaf wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:02 am Where’s the thread of abuse?

The problem is regardless if you like or hate him, he has a wealth of knowledge about BI and so do the regular forum members over there.

Yes some of the regulars can irritate but I view it the same as when I get my car serviced! Yep I hate the garage but needs must Image
Wellll....

If you took your car to a garage, then the garage insulted you, swore at you, threatened legal and financial ruin because you liked a particular brand of tire... Then backed out your car and banned you from the garage... Also sending email to your personal email with all the above.
I would call that abuse.

I tend to threat IPCT like approaching any waterway in Florida - keep a safe distance from the water.
I visit from time to time. I use a Virtual Machine (which I toss after), VPN and safe browser like Brave or TORrowser when visiting the site (rarely).