Looking for a reliable Nanny cam

Richard1010

Looking for a reliable Nanny cam

Post by Richard1010 »

I am looking for a reliable nanny camera that, of course is compatible with Blue Iris and has motion tracking. Something like the Amcrest 1080P WiFi Camera Indoor, Nanny Cam. I currently have a Imou, but it is not reliable and is noisy when panning. Does anyone have a recommendation that I may check into?
HeneryH

Re: Looking for a reliable Nanny cam

Post by HeneryH »

Have to ask.... why motion tracking in the camera? What is the user benefit here. Honestly wondering.

Do you mean auto pan/tilt to track a moving object or do you mean highlight motion in the static field of view? Something else?
Richard1010

Post by Richard1010 »

I mean auto pan/tilt to track a moving object. I have a large room in my home and would like the camera to track motion across that room if detected.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Richard1010 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:18 pm I mean auto pan/tilt to track a moving object. I have a large room in my home and would like the camera to track motion across that room if detected.

No you don't - that strategy is rife with pitfalls and doesn't get you anything unless you're spying on a party, tracking one person, and it's noisy. You want a field of view that covers the room and moves to different FOV's when an event occurs. This is an example of using PTZ controls to change the FOV. Amcrest WebUI - Pan, Tilt, and Zoom.

I have an Amcrest IP2M-841, 50 bux or so on AMZ. Here's the FOV - catches everything and an alert action can change the FOV.
BackDoor FOV Example 1.jpeg
BackDoor FOV Example 1.jpeg (91.64 KiB) Viewed 5083 times
As far as a recommendation, I would have no problem putting that Amcrest in service to monitor my child's care. As a matter of fact, I would probably record continuous and set up zones for FOV changes. That said, I won't buy Amcrest again but not because of performance.

Not saying I'm right and welcome any dissenting opinions. I'm just saying that's how I see it.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

So you want a noisy ptz camera tracking the movement of people in the room?

Maybe ask the wifey about that one.
Richard1010

Post by Richard1010 »

Thank you all for the input.