Dlink DCS-8525LH

willper

Dlink DCS-8525LH

Post by willper »

Has anyone successfully connected a Dlink DCS-8525-LH to BlueIris? I called Dlink today and they said that their cameras only worked with Dlink software. Looking for some help.

Bill
YrbkMgr

Re: Dlink DCS-8525LH

Post by YrbkMgr »

Good news and bad news. The bad news is, they're right, only with their software. Found this: The firmware is custom and the camera is chained to their app - closed system like Nest/Dropcam and dozens of others. After having been burned myself, I've learned that the surveillance market is the wild west. Best advice I ever got was to buy a camera based on specifications, not features.

The good news is that you can repurpose the camera for a use where centralized video management isn't required. Mud room, breezeway...whatever.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's design is prohibitive for that use.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
willper

Post by willper »

Thank you for your reply. Is there a way to disable the 5 minute live view.

Thanks,

Bill
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

willper wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:01 pm Thank you for your reply. Is there a way to disable the 5 minute live view.

Thanks,

Bill
Without more context it is impossible to say for certain. What is "the 5 minute live view"? If it's too difficult to describe, post an image for reference.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
willper

Post by willper »

When I open the DLink software and view the camera video, there is only a 5 minute wind
ow to watch and then you need to resend
Attachments
Dlink2.jpg
Dlink2.jpg (44.02 KiB) Viewed 18575 times
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Don't have a clue, but I be it can be changed by using the gear icon (settings).
willper

Post by willper »

Thanks again for your reply. I copied the window from the gear icon:
Dlink3.jpg
Dlink3.jpg (31.11 KiB) Viewed 18551 times
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Read user guide, check support resources at camera manufacturers website.